posted by Chidananda M R on 12:47 AM | Permalink >> 2 Comments
Full name: Mahendra Singh Dhoni
D.O.B: 7th July, 1981
Place of Birth: Ranchi, Bihar
Father: Pan Singh ( junior management positions in Mecon )
Mother: Devaki Dev
Sister: Jayanti Gupta
Fan of: Adam Gilchrist, Sachin Tendulkar, Amitabh Bachchan , Lata Mangeshkar.
Studied at : DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir, Shyamali
Batting style: Right hand batsman
Bowling style: Right arm medium
Field position: Wicketkeeper
Clubs played: Jharkhand
Dhoni initially excelled in badminton and football and was selected at district and club level in these sports. Dhoni was a goalkeeper for his football team and was sent to play cricket for a local cricket club by his football coach. Though he had not played cricket, Dhoni impressed with his wicket-keeping skills and became the regular wicketkeeper at the Commando cricket club (1995 - 1998). Based on his performance at club cricket, he was picked for the 1997/98 season Vinoo Mankad Trophy Under-16 Championship and he performed well. Dhoni's focused on cricket after his 10th standard.
Dhoni's aggressive batting style, success on the field, personality, and long hair have made him one of the most marketable cricketers in India.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni is an Indian cricketer and the current captain of the Indian Twenty20 and ODI team . Under his captaincy, India won the 2007 World Twenty20.
* Dhoni scored 148 against Pakistan in his fifth ODI match in 2005 - then the highest score by an Indian wicketkeeper.
* Dhoni made his Ranji Trophy debut for Bihar in the 1999-2000 season as an eighteen year old.
* On the 31st of October, Dhoni broke the record of highest runs scored by a wicket keeper by securing 183 runs against Srilanka which was played at Jaipur. Adam Gilchrist was the former record holder with 172 runs.
* Dhoni was voted as MTV Youth Icon 2006 and joins cricketers Rahul Dravid and Sachin Tendulkar in winning the awar.
His hobbies and interests include:
*Hearing music, ghazals and songs by Lata Mangeshkar and Kishore Kumar
*Loves to ride bikes
*Enjoys playing computer games and badminton
Not interested in:
*Working out at gyms
- At August 13, 2009 at 2:57 AM, said...
hi....how are u?i am waiting 4 u to play cricket
i am a great fan of u all the best 4 ur carier.............can u give ur email id please
- At December 16, 2009 at 1:48 AM, said...
hi dhoni,i m anamika.i m a great fan of urs.iluv ur style,ur smile,ur dressing style & everything abt u.iluv u so mch.i live in kol.i always go 2 watch cricket only 2 c u.